11 things I've learned since switching to Apple Mac
Last Christmas (
1. So I just need to sign in with my Apple ID and it just works? Yes! all excited on Christmas day I fired up my brand spanking new Air and it asked me to sign in, once I did, it automatically configured itself according to my account. So simple and a win for Apple
2. There's no start menu... actually it turns out I don't miss this, I like all my apps in the dock.
3. Launchpad is awesome, it's perfect for people like me who are familiar with an iPhone and iPad interface, it's the same! I love it!
4. Finder. Now this freaked me out at first, it's sort of the equivalent to file explorer and start menu in Windows... this took me the longest to get used to.
5. Accounts. It's just as simple to add accounts to your Mac as it is on an iPhone. This is something that Windows really lacks. After about 5 minutes I had all my email and social accounts configured. Amazing.
6. Copy and Paste... Arrrghhh why can't I Copy and Paste??... it turns out that the Command button is the equivalent to Ctrl on a PC, so it's nice that I can Copy and Paste again. I still don't know what the Ctrl key does but I'm sure I'll find out.
7. Text Messages, iMessage, Facetime and Phonecalls. I did know that Macs could do all these but until you use it, you've really no idea how convenient it is. I now hardly use my phone at the same time as Mac.
8. @ and # keys. It took me ages to figure these 2 out I'm still not sure why they are on the 2 and 3 keys but I'm getting used to it.
9. Photos. I love that photos taken on your phone are Automatically synced over to the Mac, I'm still not sure how to do it the other round way yet.
10. It's so fast! I mean crazy fast... it's probably because it's new but I'm not kidding when I say lightning fast, websites load instantly, files are copied super quick.
11. Trackpad. The Apple Trackpad is so much easier than I thought it would be. The multi touch pad is a dream to use... just as simple as an iPad and being able to use gestures like 2 finger scroll is awesome.
There are loads more differences but these are the main ones I've noticed over the past 2 weeks.